South Haven - a vacation destination for more than a century
South Haven Attractions
Kids Corner Park is just one of the many reasons families find South Haven a great place to vacation. The beach is good for hours of easy family fun, but other activities fill in the off-beach hours: bicycling, movies, climbing the dunes at the nearby Van Buren and Saugatuck State Parks, and making side trips to the AirZoo, the Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery, and Sarett Nature Center — just to name a few places within a 30 minute drive from South Haven.
Ways to enjoy the great Michigan outdoors:
- Canoeing and kayaking, fishing the big lake or the Black River
- Climbing a dune
- Paddle boarding Lake Michigan
- Cycling the Kal-Haven or Van Buren Bike Trails
- Blueberry picking
- Hiking through ancient dune forests
- Going on an owl prowl after dark
- Visiting a butterfly house
- Telling stories around a campfire
- Joining hundreds of other families to watch the nightly South Haven sunset
Sails, Motors, and Paddles
Boats of all shapes and sizes frequent South Haven and dock at the marinas on the Black River. Book a daylight or sunset cruise, charter a fishing expedition, or rent a power boat for the day. Or, for some nostalgia and history, visit the replica of the 1812 Friends of Good Will at the Michigan Maritime Museum.
Hiking the Dunes,
Biking the Trails
Challenge yourself to a dune climb at one of the several near-by Michigan State Parks. Your reward is a magnificent birds-eye view of Lake Michigan and the peaceful quiet of the lake breeze when you get to the top. Or maybe choose a less strenuous hike through the dune forests with their magnificent deciduous and evergreen trees.
Cycle your way around and beyond South Haven – a popular mode of transportation around town. A trail head for the Kal-Haven trail, a 34-mile bike path from South Haven to Kalamazoo is on the north side of town, or pick up the Van Buren trail for a shorter, 5-mile ride from South Haven to Van Buren State Park.
Festivals and Community Events
You don’t have to go far to enjoy events and entertainment in South Haven – there are events and festivals scheduled throughout the summer: Harborfest, Festival of Cars, Antique and Classic Boat Show, the Annual Art Fair, Crafts Fair, the always-popular Light up the Lake! Fireworks and 4th of July parade, and the Annual National Blueberry Festival to name a few.
You can also bring your own blanket or chair and sit along the Black River at Riverfront Park to enjoy a free, weekly concert featuring all styles of music from Raggae, Jazz, Folk, Blues to Classical.
Purchase local fruits and vegetables, locally produced breads, cheeses, and eggs at the twice-weekly Farmers’ Market in downtown South Haven. You will also find hand-crafted items including jewelry, artwork, and clothing – something for everyone to enjoy.
Welcome To South Haven, Michigan
Visit Our South Haven Guide
See our hand picked recommendations
The definitive what’s on, what to see and do and where to eat and drink in South Haven guide
Make Our Summer House Your Summer House for a South Haven Vacation
Private 3 Bdrm, 2 Bath, Sleeps 6-7, 1400 sq. ft., South Haven, Michigan.
- Huge private yard, THREE city lots, fire circle, custom Adirondack chairs and supersized 10-foot picnic table
- Five bikes, wagon, grill, hammock, yard and beach toys
- Well-stocked kitchen to save having to bring/purchase basic supplies
- Affordable – reasonable rates with no hidden service fees.
- 4 blocks to South Beach, 3 Blocks to Kids Corner Park, 1 block to bike trail, 8 blocks to downtown
- Personalized service direct with owners (513-899-4056) from beginning to end.
- Master bedroom: Upstairs with King bed
- Bedroom 2: Upstairs with Twin bunk bed
- Bedroom 3: First floor with Queen bed
- Daybed on 3-season porch
- No smoking and no pets – due to family members with allergies.
Why Book With Us?
Deal Direct With Owner
No Booking Fees
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help